What do you like to do?! Our volunteers help with . . .
- All kinds of special projects during the year . . . some are listed here.
- Like a steady job? Work a schedule once or twice a month!
- Help sort food after food drives! During the May Postal Food Drive – we get over 20,000 pounds of food! It takes us 2 months to sort!
- Right before school starts we fill bags with school supplies and clothing. Then we check each bag to make sure it’s perfect for the student getting it!
- Help fill up Thanksgiving baskets that we prepare to bountifully bless our clients with all the fixings for a Thanksgiving dinner.
- Early December we sort sweat suits by size so our clients’ children get to receive a fun and comfortable new outfit for Christmas.
- Oh, and the Christmas gifts need to be sorted too, and put in festive bags!
- Collect gently used children’s books – they love them!
- Hold a neighborhood food drive and bring it in and help sort. It’s fun to be a part, and it’s fun to work with others who care.
For more information:
As you are likely aware, we are moving to a new location in 2015 and anticipate a late winter or early spring groundbreaking due to the generosity of our friends like you. Here is more information about our Capital Campaign.
EASY WAYS TO HELP
Amazon Smile – Open Doors is a member of AmazonSmile. By selecting Open Doors as your organization to support, 0.5% of your eligible purchases will be donated to us. Sign up today at AmazonSmile.
Kroger Community Rewards – By linking your Kroger Plus Card to Open Doors, you will be making a contribution each and every time you swipe your card while making a purchase. This will not interfere with you accumulation of rewards points towards other purchase – it’s just an added bonus! Kroger Rewards
Fall is a hard time for the pantry, and any and all donations are welcome. It isn’t until November & December that local schools and organizations spearhead their food drives, so the Fall is a challenging time to keep our shelves stocked.
|Applesauce||Canned Pasta||Mashed Potatoes|
|Mandarin Oranges||Macaroni and Cheese||Tuna|
|Fruit Cocktail||Tuna & Hamburger Helper||Salmon|
|Pineapple||Jelly||Chicken & Dumplings|
If you have more questions or want to get involved, please contact us!