What do you like to do?! Our volunteers help with . . .
- All kinds of special projects during the year . . . some are listed here.
- Like a steady job? Work a schedule once or twice a month!
- Help sort food after food drives! During the May Postal Food Drive – we get over 20,000 pounds of food! It takes us 2 months to sort!
- Right before school starts we fill bags with school supplies and clothing. Then we check each bag to make sure it’s perfect for the student getting it!
- Help fill up Thanksgiving baskets that we prepare to bountifully bless our clients with all the fixings for a Thanksgiving dinner.
- Early December we sort sweat suits by size so our clients’ children get to receive a fun and comfortable new outfit for Christmas.
- Oh, and the Christmas gifts need to be sorted too, and put in festive bags!
- Collect gently used children’s books – they love them!
- Hold a neighborhood food drive and bring it in and help sort. It’s fun to be a part, and it’s fun to work with others who care.
- Looking for Warehouse volunteers. Click here to learn more.
For more information:
EASY WAYS TO HELP
Amazon Smile – Open Doors is a member of AmazonSmile. By selecting Open Doors as your organization to support, 0.5% of your eligible purchases will be donated to us. Sign up today at AmazonSmile.
Kroger Community Rewards – By linking your Kroger Plus Card to Open Doors, you will be making a contribution each and every time you swipe your card while making a purchase. This will not interfere with you accumulation of rewards points towards other purchase – it’s just an added bonus! Kroger Rewards
August, September, and October are difficult months for the pantry, and any and all donations are welcome. It isn’t until November & December that local schools and organizations spearhead their food and clothing drives, so the Fall is a challenging time to keep our shelves stocked.
Donations can be dropped off anytime in the Donation Box at the Open Doors Pantry, located on the Monon Trails Elementary School campus at 19360 Tomlinson Rd., or during Pantry hours on Tues., Thurs., or Sat. from 9:00 to 12:00 noon.
If you have more questions or want to get involved, please contact us!