June 12, 2023
Dear Open Doors of Washington Township,
Meijer is a family-owned company who is focused on enriching lives in the communities we serve.
Thanks to our generous customers and a strong commitment from our food pantry partners, Simply Give
has continued to be successful in feeding hungry families in our local communities. The program has
generated more than $80 million in food donations throughout the Midwest since its inception in
In our continued deep-rooted hunger relief efforts, we will be kicking-off the Fall Simply Give Campaign
this coming July. The campaign will run a total of 13 weeks from the dates of Sunday, July 2, 2023,
through Saturday, September 30, 2023.
Your partnering Meijer store for this campaign will be the following location:
319 – WESTFIELD
225 W. Spring Mill Pointe Dr.
Westfield, IN 46074-7409
During the campaign, we’ll invite our customers to join our combined efforts to help end hunger in our
communities by purchasing $10 Simply Give donation cards through in-store, media, public relations,
and digital marketing efforts. In addition, we strongly encourage your organization to promote
awareness of the program and campaign by engaging with your local community. A single $10 donation
card can be used for larger contributions if the total amount is in increments of 10.
In the coming weeks, we will be sending out a pantry kit that will include your own set of $10 Simply
Give donation cards in addition to a countertop fixture to display the cards. The kits are in production
and should arrive to the mailing address we have on file for your organization by Thursday, June 29,
- Please note that the provided pantry Simply Give donation cards will still need to be brought in and purchased at your “partnering Meijer store” for the campaign to ensure your food pantry receives credit for all contributions.
- The only difference between these cards and the ones sold in store is the barcode, which allows us to separately track in-store and pantry donation card sales.
We will also be sending by email an electronic copy of our Public Relations Guide, which will include
instructions on how to drive awareness and education not only of the campaign, but also to your
organization. If you didn’t receive an electronic copy of this letter through email, we likely don’t have
your updated email address on file. Please email Coty LaVere at [email protected] with a current
email address to ensure you’re included on the distribution list for the Public Relations Guide and all
other communications moving forward.
Double Match Day Opportunity Will Continue
- Meijer began offering Double Match Days in 2012 to highlight our commitment to feeding hungry families in the communities we serve across the Midwest. As a result, an increasing number of generous customers, team members, and food pantry partners have joined our efforts.
- During the upcoming campaign, the Double Match Day opportunities will be held on Saturday, August 12, 2023, and September 9, 2023.
- For every $10 Simply Give card purchased on these dates, Meijer will provide an additional contribution of $20, bringing the total to $30 for a single customer purchase.
- Purchases up to $5,000 across the double match days, will be matched by Meijer up to a maximum donation of $10,000 per pantry/campaign.
The sole purpose of the Simply Give program is to help our food pantry partners feed the growing number of hungry families in the communities we serve. Our goal is to diligently work to be good stewards of these generous contributions by ensuring they are only used to purchase food items to
stock our valued pantry partners shelves.
At the end of the campaign, the final totals at your partnering store location, in addition to any online digital sales, Meijer matching, and other promotions, will be converted into Meijer food-only gift cards.
These cards will allow your designated pantry staff members to purchase food and other eligible baby
items including food, formula, diapers, and wipes either in store or through our corporate Business to
Business team. As a reminder, these gift cards are intended to purchase food items to replenish your
pantry’s shelves and to NOT be distributed to individual families.
Your designated gift cards will be directly shipped to the mailing address we have on file for your food
pantry. You should expect them to arrive within 4-5 weeks after the conclusion of the campaign. If the
mailing address listed below is incorrect, please contact Coty LaVere at [email protected] prior
to the end of the campaign with the correct address.
Open Doors of Washington Township
PO Box 196
Westfield, IN 46074
Food insecurity continues to be on the rise in the communities we serve, which makes our commitment
to the cause vital. Thank you for joining us as we work to help end hunger. We couldn’t do this without
your support and partnership!